Hiking week Western Alto Adige Region
HIKING WEEK VIA ALPINA – WESTERN ALTO ADIGE REGION
Western Alto Adige Region LENGTH:
8 days / 7 nights PROGRAMME:
1st day: one-to-one arrival in Bolzano by car or train.
2nd day: from Bolzano by cableway on the Salto Plateau in San Genesio (1100 m above sea level) and walk along the European Path E5 to Merano Refuge (about 20 km). Overnight stay at the refuge or in a hotel in Falzeben.
3rd day: descent to Merano by cableway or down the path. Hiking along the well-known Tappeiner Walk and passing through S. Pietro ascent to Tirolo. This trail allows to visit Tirolo Castle, which gave its name to the town of Tirolo and that fosters a noteworthy exhibition. Overnight stay in Tirolo.
4th day: ascent by cableway on the farmsteads and hike along Merano’s high way up to Casa del Valico (Hochganghaus) and then Nassereto Refuge (Nassereith). Overnight stay at the refuge.
5th day: continuation on Merano’s high way, passing through the hamlets of Giggelberg, Forcalta (Hochforch), Grub and Galmein up to Patleid hamlet at the entrance to Senales Valley.
6th day: from Patleid (1386 m above sea level) on Merano’s high way in Val Senales (with distintive mountain hamlets for refreshments) and passing at Neuratheis inn (S. Caterina) one arrives at the village of Certosa.
7th day: continuation in Val Senales up to Vernago Lake. It’s worth stopping for a visit to the ArcheoPark in Madonna di Senales, where the life of “Ötzi – the Man from the Ices” is described; Ötzi was found not far from here, near the Hauslabjoch glacier (3210 metres high) above Similaun hamlet.
8th day: after breakfast, return transfer to Bolzano and end of the tour. MIN/MAX NR. OF PARTICIPANTS FORESEEN:
min. 8 people PRICE:
€ 828,00 per person The fee includes:
· 7 overnight stays with breakfast in hotels/guesthouses, inns and hamlets;
· cableway Bolzano – San Genesio;
· luggage transport from a stage post to the other (except 4th day to Nassereith refuge);
· informative evening about the tour on the first night in Bolzano;
· experienced local guide;
· 5 packets of Bio-Mountain-Snack per person to eat during the hike;
· stop off at an ecological product farmer’s with explanations and tastino of his own bio produce;
· entrance to the Regional Museum of Alto Adige History and Culture in the Castle of Tirolo (Südtiroler Landesmuseum für Kulturnd Landesgeschichte Schloss Tirol);
· entrance to the ArcheoPark in Senales;
· return transfer from Vernago to Bolzano. DEPARTURES 2007:
from July 14th to 21st and from September 8th to 15th
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Dr. Elisa Montali
Amt für Tourismus und Alpinwesen / Ufficio Turismo e Alpinismo
Raiffeisenstraβe, 5 / Via Raiffeisen, 5
39100 Bozen / Bolzano