Stelvio / Bormio / Arnoga (SO)
5 days / 4 nights (on request)
Discovering Via Alpina offers the opportunity to get to know some peculiar aspects of a leg of Via Alpina, at the heart of high Valtellina, between Stelvio Pass, Bormio and Valdidentro.
The true spirit of a road trek, with overnight stay in a hotel or a refuge – always with excellent standards of comforts – luggage transport stage to stage to avoid unnecessary weights on one’s shoulders during hikes, and most of all… every day a different theme to seize Valtellina’s secrets:
- The First World War’s paths
- Strolling among mountain pastures
- At the feet of the great ices
• 1 day: arrival at Stelvio Pass, accommodation and dinner at the Hotel.
• 2 ady: hike Stelvio - Cancano along the paths beaten by the soldiers during the Great War (Stelvio, Rifugio Garibaldi, Bocchetta di Forcola, Val Forcola, Cancano). Accommodation in refuge at Cancano.
• 3 day: hike dedicated to water from Cancano’s dikes to Valle del Gallo along an easy mountain bike trail with arrival in Arnoga. Accommodation and dinner at the Hotel.
• 4 day: hike in Val Viola among hamlets and mountain pastures. Accommodation and dinner at Alpe Dosdè Refuge.
• 5 day: hike on foot to the feet of Dosdè glacier and return to Arnoga.
MIN/MAX NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS FORESEEN:
The fee includes:
• 4 overnight stays half board in hotel or refuge
• 4 packed lunches
• qualified guiding
• luggage transport from one stage to the other
• guided excursion and mountain bike hire
• guided tour along the trail
• Via Alpina documents
• Via Alpina gadget
The fee doesn’t include: Upon request, possibility to organize transport Bormio-Stelvio (arrivo) and Arnoga-Bormio (departure) by public transport or shuttle service.
Intro Via Alpina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVNjCvPluM
1-2 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_btZerx7Q
3-4 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0fy6HypPKM
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Consorzio Turistico Provinciale di Sondrio
Via Trieste, 12 - 23100 Sondrio
TEL. 0342/215921 - 683470
WEBSITE: www.valtellina.it- www.viaalpina-valtellina.com